A while back when Matt and I had just gotten married and my parents were moving, I noticed bags of yarn my mom was wanting to get rid of. There wasn't anything wrong with the yarn, but my parents were downsizing and my mom was trying to lessen some of the overflowing items from hobbies she has. Instead of giving the yarn away, I told her I'd take the yarn and use it to make scarves to give away for Christmas. So the yarn was packed up and moved to our apartment where it stayed in a closet and I eventually forgot about it. Two Christmases came and went and I didn't even remember. Then a couple months ago I was digging through the closet for something when I realized I still had it all. A little after that, a coworker told me she was going to be making fleece blankets for the Ronald McDonald house in Salt Lake. I thought it would be perfect if I could get some scarves done for her to give them along with the blankets. Unfortunately I didn't get to make as many as I would have liked (it had been years since I crocheted, and I was much slower than expected) but I'm still happy I was able to give them to people who might really enjoy them. Hopefully they're long enough for the people who receive them...I measured them based on how long they were on me, but then realized I'm shorter than most. Oops.
 |
| I almost wanted to keep that blue one... |
 |
| I made 7 scarves in all. This picture just shows a couple more I had finished since I took the first. |
1 comment:
LOVE the scarves! that's cool you did for charity!
Post a Comment